Monday, August 3, 2015

NYC provides free air conditioners and heaters

I remember telling my friend at the beginning of the summer that I did not have an air conditioner. Jaw dropped and eyes wide, she asked me how I would survive the summer. I told her like everyone else with a fan and some ice. She told me she feared for my safety and haunted for ways to get my family air conditioning. She was positively convinced we would all kill over from heat exhaustion.
Well he digging told up gold for my family. She found a program called the Cooling Assistance Program which provides New Yorkers with medical conditions free air conditioners. My house is full of asthmatics and the heat can make breathing harder. We were the perfect candidates for this program. 
After looking it up, I found out that there is also a heating assistance program. There are a lot of medical conditions that are aggravated by the cold. With winter coming up in only a few months, this program will be heaven sent for any with out adequate heat. If any of these programs sound appealing to you, you can find more information at NYC.gov or by calling your Medicaid office.

No comments:

Post a Comment